Earthenware saucer with painted bands
- Object Number: 1984.P.691
- Simple Name: saucer
- Full Name:
- Production Person: Marks, G. (designer)
- Production Place: Stoke-upon-Trent
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Organisation: Greta Pottery (factory)
- Summary: Earthenware saucer with painted bands. Decorated with off-white semi-matt glaze with painted bands in purple and yellow, purple dots between bands. Small.
- Terms:20th century design
- Credit: gift of the maker
- Additional Notes: Grete Marks was forced to sell her pottery factory and leave Nazi Germany in 1935. She was advised to come to Stoke-on-Trent where she worked with Mintons before setting up the Greta Pottery. The venture was short-lived as the outbreak of the Second World War curtailed the production of decorative pottery.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery