Porcelain bowl decorated with painted dragons
- Object Number: STKMG:3485
- Simple Name: bowl
- Production Place: Jiangxi
- Production Place: China
- Production Period:
Qing dynasty, Kangxi period
- Summary: Porcelain bowl decorated with painted dragons. Five dragons to the exterior and three to the interior. The dragons are depicted amongst lotus scrolls and with a band of ruyi sceptres above the foot. The interior decorated with crossed thunderbolts, a sacred emblem. With a mark from the reign of Emperor Chenghua (1465-87), but made during the Kangxi period (1661-1722).
- Terms:East Asian
- Additional Notes: The Ruyi sceptres depicted are ceremonial objects carried by Buddhist deities and are emblems of monastic authority.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery