The Friends of The Potteries Museums & Art Gallery is a registered charity (no. 507834) whose aims are to promote, support, assist and improve The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery and Gladstone Pottery Museum. Support may be for the development of facilities to increase the enjoyment of visitors, or for purchases of important items for the museums’ collections. Over the last few years, the Friends have contributed more than £120,000 for acquisitions and facilities to enhance the visitor experience. Since the Staffordshire Hoard arrived on exhibition at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, the Friends have raised a further £120,000 towards the purchase of these wonderful treasures.
The Potteries Museums depend upon a healthy Friends organisation. Donations and other monies raised are targeted towards areas beyond normal running budgets and can make a very real difference.
Privileges and Benefits
The Friends organise a lively programme of meetings throughout the year, including lectures, films, social events, visits to museums, galleries and private collections. You will also receive invitations to functions, openings and private views at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery and the Friends Newsletter, mailed out three times per year.
Friends are also entitled to the following discounts upon production of a valid membership card:
- 10% discount at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery and Gladstone Pottery Museum shops*
- 10% discount at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery and Gladstone Pottery Museum cafes*
- 50% discount on the purchase of a Gladstone Annual Pass
- 10% discount at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Aston Hall, Blakelsley Hall, Sarehole Mill and Soho House shops*
- 10% discount at the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Aston Hall, Blakelsley Hall, Sarehole Mill and Soho House cafes
*Some exclusions apply.
Annual Membership Fees
Member – £15 (Single), £20 (Joint)
Over 60, Student – £10 (Single), £15 (Joint)
International – £20 (Single), £25 (Joint)
Patron – £40 (Single), £45 (Joint)
Institutional – £50