Earthenware incense burner in the shape of a boat
- Object Number: 1941.P.398
- Simple Name: burner
- Full Name: incense burner
- Full Name: boat shaped incense burner
- Production Place: Japan
- Production Period:
- Summary: Earthenware incense burner in the shape of a boat. Glazed grey and enamelled in relief in green, blue and purple. Gilding on the sides and waves incised in relief around the base in blue enamel.
- Terms:East Asian
- Additional Notes: This object is documented as having the seal of Toyoraku or Horuku, Owari or as being Fujinia ware, made at Natsuye, Province of Idsumo in 1830. It originally had a detachable roof, no longer with the object.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery