Cizhou ware earthenware bowl on foot
- Object Number: 1949.P.863
- Simple Name: bowl
- Full Name: bowl on foot
- Production Person: unknown (maker)
- Production Place: China
- Creation, production or manufacture details: thrown and turned
- Production Period:
- Summary: Cizhou ware earthenware bowl on foot. Thrown and turned, cream and brown slip decoration of three brush marks in the shape of leaves in the centre. White slip partly covers outer part of bowl, the rest and the foot are unglazed. Song dynasty, 960AD-1279.
- Terms:East Asian
- Credit: Henry Bergen Collection
- Additional Notes: Cizhou wares were produced from the Song dynasty (960 - 1279AD) onwards.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery