Large jug with slip-trailed stylised floral or tree pattern
- Object Number: 1978.P.49
- Simple Name: jug
- Full Name: harvest jug
- Production Place: Yorkshire(Possibly)
- Production Place: England
- Production Period:
- Summary: Large jug with slip-trailed stylised floral or tree pattern. Orange-red earthenware with cream-coloured slip trailed over.
- Additional Notes: The decoration on this jug is similar to those of Metropolitan slipwares of the 17th century. These were made in places such as Harlow for markets in nearby London, hence the name. It's most likely that this jug was made in one of the pottery centres which were influenced by Metropolitan sllipware styles, possibly in Yorkshire.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery