Earthenware tureen and cover with matching ladle
- Object Number: 1983.P.142
- Simple Name: tureen
- Full Name: sauce tureen, cover and ladle
- Production Person: Cooper, S. (designer)
- Production Place: Burslem
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Organisation: Susie Cooper Pottery (factory)
- Summary: Earthenware tureen and cover with matching ladle. Decorated with wash banded lines in turquoise and brown. 'Kestrel' shape.
- Terms:20th century design
- Additional Notes: The Kestrel shape was first design to emerge from the newly created Susie Cooper Pottery. It is typical of the practical, modern approach and it poured well and was simple to clean. Kestrel wares were an instant success and continued to be produced well into the 1950s.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery