Paste pot lid depicting 'Napirima Trinidad'
- Object Number: 2002.C.247
- Simple Name: pot lid
- Full Name: paste pot lid
- Production Place: Longport
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Period:
- Production Organisation: TJ and J Mayer (factory)
- Summary: Paste pot lid depicting 'Napirima Trinidad'. Ironstone china, the lid multicolour printed with sailing ships in harbour.
- Terms:18th & 19th Century Staffordshire
- Credit: Purchased with grant in aid from the V&A Purchase Grant Fund, The Art Fund and the Friends of the Potteries Museums & Art Gallery.
- Additional Notes: This picture looking towards the island of Trinidad from out at sea. The region was a large cocoa bean growing area and this image is known to have been used for chocolate paste pots. The lids were produced by the Mayer factory in response to J.S. Fry & Sons who exhibited their wares at the 1851 Great Exhibition.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery