Majolica garden seat
- Object Number: 2002.C.450
- Simple Name: seat
- Full Name: garden seat
- Production Place: Stoke-upon-Trent
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Organisation: Mintons (factory)
- Summary: Majolica garden seat. Earthenware, n three feet, shape no. 982, of cylindrical form with a spreading base, the turquoise ground decorated in high relief with rosettes, leaves and motif similar to Prince of Wales' feathers and scrollwork, above a gadrooned base raised on three Greek key feet, the top decorated with a central flower head bordered by a continuous foliate meander.
- Terms:18th & 19th Century Staffordshire
- Credit: Purchased with aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Friends of The Potteries Museums & Art Gallery and a private donation. Ex-Minton Museum Collection.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery