Armorial plate with border of grotesques and unidentified coat of arms
- Object Number: STKMG:1933.P.97
- Simple Name: plate
- Full Name: armorial plate
- Production Place: Sesto Fiorentino
- Production Place: Italy
- Production Period:
- Production Organisation: Ginori Manufactory (factory)
- Summary: Armorial plate with border of grotesques and unidentified coat of arms. Made in imitation of a Faenza plate of c.1520-40. Painted on berettino ground. The reverse decorated with concentric lines of blue and orange.The decoration imitates that of a famous 16th century service.
- Additional Notes: A very similarly decorated late-nineteenth / early twentieth-century fake is in the Cora collection of the MICF, with the Salviati arms in the centre, it was tentatively attributed to Calzi of Faenza.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery