Large majolica flower stand or ?jardinière?
- Object Number: STKMG:1934.P.179
- Simple Name: jardiniere
- Production Place: Stoke-upon-Trent
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Creation, production or manufacture details: moulded
- Production Period:
- Production Organisation: Mintons (factory)
- Summary: Large majolica flower stand or ?jardinière?. Made from large moulded earthenware components bolted together and decorated with majolica glazes. Three legs rise from a circular base to support a tier of three basins. The jardiniere is crowned by a single chamber and central vase. Decoration includes finely moulded faces, scrollwork and cherubs. Flat surfaces bear a colourful turquoise glaze or white panelling with fine hand painted details.
- Terms:101 Ceramic Highlights
- Terms:18th & 19th Century Staffordshire
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery