Small porcelain bowl with doucai (joined colours) decoration
- Object Number: STKMG:1938.P.45
- Simple Name: bowl
- Full Name:
- Production Place: Jiangxi
- Production Place: China
- Production Period:
Qing dynasty, Yongzheng period
- Summary: Small porcelain bowl with doucai (joined colours) decoration. Overglaze enamels and underglaze blue depicting red bats flying amongst blue, green and yellow cloud scrolls on the outside. Band of underglaze blue under the rim. Yongzheng mark and period. Qing dynasty, Yongzheng period, 1723-1735.
- Terms:East Asian
- Terms:mark and period
- Additional Notes: Bats are considered an auspicious animal in Chinese symbolism as their name, fu, is a homonym for the Chinese word for happyness.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery