Porcelain water dropper, glazed blue and copper red
- Object Number: STKMG:1941.P.371
- Simple Name: dropper
- Full Name: water dropper
- Production Place: Jingdezhen
- Production Place: China
- Production Period:
- Summary: Porcelain water dropper, glazed blue and copper red. Consisting of a lotus leaf bowl glazed blue and white with a lotus bud glazed copper red. Water snail glazed brown on inside of the bowl. Three stems intertwined on outside of bowl, one ending in a seed pod.
- Terms:East Asian
- Additional Notes: These objects were used in calligraphy to drop water onto an ink stone when making ink.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery