Dish with slip-trailed decoration of lines and dots
- Object Number: STKMG:1951.P.3
- Simple Name: plate
- Full Name: dish
- Production Place: England
- Production Period:
- Summary: Dish with slip-trailed decoration of lines and dots. Orange body covered in a dark-brown slip coat with simple trailed slip decoration in a cream-coloured slip. Lines and dots are in groups of three with a central motif of wavy lines between straight lines, and alternating lines and dots radiating around the rim.
- Additional Notes: The presence of lines and dots in groups of three suggests that a slip cup with three quills has been used, allowing three lines to be trailed simultaneously.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery