Porcelain cup with Famille Rose palette floral sprays on the outside
- Object Number: STKMG:1958.P.1244
- Simple Name: cup
- Full Name:
- Production Place: Jiangxi
- Production Place: China
- Production Period:
Qing dynasty, Qianlong period
- Summary: Porcelain cup with Famille Rose palette floral sprays on the outside. The inside is decorated with an orange dotted line entwining pink foliage and a gilt band. New Hall pattern original. Qing dynasty, circa 1775-1790, Qianlong period.
- Terms:East Asian
- Terms:famille rose
- Additional Notes: Famille Rose, or pink family, colours are known as 'falangcai' or enamel colours in Chinese. They were first achieved on porcelain in China in the early eighteenth century using enamels imported from Europe and were extremely popular as export ware to Europe. China, eighteenth century.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery