Porcelain plate with prunus blossom on cracked ice motif
- Object Number: STKMG:1958.P.86
- Simple Name: plate
- Full Name:
- Production Place: Jingdezhen
- Production Place: China
- Production Period:
Qing dynasty, Kangxi period
- Summary: Porcelain plate with prunus blossom on cracked ice motif. In underglaze blue in the well and on the rim. Two sketches of a budding tree on the exterior. Underglaze blue floral mark on the reverse.
- Terms:East Asian
- Additional Notes: The prunus blossom was much in vogue during the Kangxi period, the early blossom at the end of the winter, when the ground was still frozen and the water icy, symbol of rebirth and renewal.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery