Stoneware jar with two loop handles and green-grey glaze on the body
- Object Number: STKMG:1969.P.23
- Simple Name: jar
- Production Place: Thailand
- Production Period:
- Summary: Stoneware jar with two loop handles and green-grey glaze on the body. The foot, base and part of the bottom of the body are unglazed. The best known Sawankhalok or Sukothai wares are the green-glazed wares.
- Terms:East Asian
- Additional Notes: Sawankhalok wares are amongst the best known of all traditional Thai ceramics. They tend to be finely made and ceramics based on these styles are still made and widely exported.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery