Earthenware dish with moulded symbol of the Festival of Britain 1951
- Object Number: STKMG:1978.P.72
- Simple Name: dish
- Production Place: Stoke-on-Trent
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Organisation: unknown (factory)
- Summary: Earthenware dish with moulded symbol of the Festival of Britain 1951. Decorated with all over green coloured glaze.
- Terms:commemorative items
- Terms:20th century design
- Additional Notes: The Festival of Britain was a national exhibition held throughout the United Kingdom in 1951. It aimed to promote British science, technology, design and arts and maintain the feeling of recovery in the aftermath of the Second World War. The festival symbol was designed by Abraham Games, recognised amongst the best of 20th century graphic designers.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery