sugar bowl and cover in 'Kestrel' shape
- Object Number: STKMG:1983.P.31
- Simple Name: bowl
- Full Name: sugar bowl and cover
- Production Person: Cooper, Susie (designer)
- Production Place: Burslem
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Period:
- Production Organisation: Susie Cooper Pottery (factory)
- Summary: sugar bowl and cover in 'Kestrel' shape. Earthenware decorated with a thin blue enamel band at foot and a blue cover, with a white knop.
- Terms:20th century design
- Additional Notes: Kestrel was the first design to emerge from Susie Cooper Pottery, founded in 1929 by Susie Cooper, who had grown frustrated at A.E. Grays, having to design decoration in isolation from form. Kestrel was typical of her practical modern approach: it poured well and was simple to clean. The wares were an instant success and continued in production well into the 1950s.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery