Bone china globe depicting territories of the British Empire
- Object Number: STKMG:2014.C.1
- Simple Name: globe
- Production Place: Longton
- Production Place: Staffordshire
- Production Place: England
- Production Period:
- Production Organisation: Mayer & Sherratt (factory)
- Summary: Bone china globe depicting territories of the British Empire. On pedestal foot, painted in light blue (oceans), green (land) and orange/red (British Empire territories). Inscription 'The Empire on which the sun never sets'. Around the base 'To commemorate the coronation of His Majesty King Edward VIII, May 12th 1937'.
- Related People:
- Additional Notes: These globes were made to commemorate the coronation of Edward VIII on May 12th 1937. However, Edward abdicated before his coronation took place.
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery