Five carved ivory figures and a drum on long wooden base
- Object Number: STKMG:DA.1964.22
- Simple Name: ivory figures
- Production Place: Japan
- Creation, production or manufacture details: carving
- Summary: Five carved ivory figures and a drum on long wooden base. One man is holding a tea-bowl, another a box and covered bowl, a third man, Budai, is holding a begging bowl, a fourth man has one arm raised and a stick in the other. The fifth figure is a woman playing a lute. Originally likely to have comprised of seven figures, the seven Gods of good fortune, shichifukujin.
- Terms:decorative arts
- Contact: Potteries Museum and Art Gallery